Sunday 12 August 2012

Day 13 South Coast!!!


Yey I made it onto what felt like the home stretch. A beautiful sunny day to start the south route. I was in high spirits and I was joined by Laurence, a friend of my sister. We arrived in pretty  Portwrinkle around 3pm and continued on to Millendreath Cove outside of Looe. On the way I moaned and moaned that I had not seen any Marine animals in the way of dolphins etc. Only then, after moaning did I spot a fin in the water. we watched this fin drift slowly across the surface and decided that it was Basking Shark, seeing as my wishes were coming true I decided to wish that Johnny Depp would walk around the next corner! And would you believe it, as I got around the next headland I was met by... a large feild of muck, not Johnny Depp - Gutted!

That night we stayed at Bay View Farm where Mike Elford, the owner, let us stay for free and gave generously to the RNLI pot. Thanks Mike. That night we tucked into a chinese takeaway and watched the sun go down over the pretty view of Looe.

We set up our little camp making sure the RNLI cause was obvious!








The amazing view overlooking Looe.

No comments:

Post a Comment