Friday 10 August 2012

Day 11 Port Isaac to Boscastle

Leaving in the rain was miserable but little did I know the worst was to.come. The walk from Port Isaac to Boscastle was known for being very challenging although that is quite an understatment. The path was more tha trecherous with steep inclines over loose rubble of slate and shingle, many of which I had to get on all fours to climb up.

This is taken from part way up.

I even had to do this in the rain, it actually felt impossible task sometimes. I passed a lovely lady just outside of Port Isaac, called Josie. We passed each othr a few times.in the day and.ended up walking into Boscastle together. We stayed at the YHA which was lovely and then we headed to the pub for dinner. Josie was a wonderfully interesting lady who seemed to have done an awful lot of adventures in her life. She very kindly treated me to dinner as her donation to my charity walk. I cant explain how greatful I was of a good hot meal. Thankyou so much Josie!

No comments:

Post a Comment