Thursday 9 August 2012

Day 9 Harlyn Sands to Port Isaac

With an early start I was unable to visit the pastow lifeboat station so I made the 6 mile trek round the headland it was beautiful weather.
Pastow as always was bustling I had a parsty and a drink on the harbour side and watched the children crabbing . Then I headed for the ferry to rock. On board I secured a free journey as the skipper was lifeboat crew himself. On the other side I walked along the beach to Polzeath but arrived quicker than planned so I decided to carry on and see how far I could get. The walk was quite easy compared to earlier ones and I just took my time hiding in bushes each time hiding a rain cloud passed. In one particular bush I was unable very cosy with a letter box! I questioned whether I would make it too Port Isaac so I headed for Port so Quinn but there is nothing in Port Quinn so I had no choice but to carry on.

For those of you who don't know Port Isaac is home to Doc Martin.... I arrived at about 6pm andheaded straight for the lifeboat house where I was met by Nikki a crew member. She invited me in for a well earned cup of tea and I can tell you i really enjoyed that tea! Before I knew it I had been invited next door to the pub where I had a few drinks that hit me rather quick after my mammoth walk. I met Bob who was the Hon. chairman of the station and he invited me to stay the next day as it was their Lifeboat Lark day. I thought why not as I had already walked ten days a and I deserved a day off... That night I stayed at the compass rose with Dave and Marion who very kindly put me up.

Sorry again for spellings this is from my phone :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment