Friday 10 August 2012

Got Doc Martined...



Have you ever lost a day of your life in a day that seems unreal? Well I had a surreal experience at Port Isaac where I was asked to stay and help with their lifboat fundraising day.
In doing this I was welcomed into the community with open arms and I truly felt as though I had lived in Port Isaac for years. The day was packed was lots of amazing activities like the tug-o-war and lifeboat demonstration and the weather managed stay on its best behaviour for us. I worked on the BBQ and had great fun working with the ladies cooking burgers and hiding from each intermitent shower. Its hard to explain but I could see how people came on holiday here and never left. I didn't want to leave. Port Isaac was amazing and their lifeboat crew were so amazing. I just want to extend my admiration for the team who are recieving medals for their bravery in a rescue earlier in the year. Thankyou also to Damian, Nikki and Bob who made feel very welcome in their village. The next morning I  left Port Isaac reluctantly in a down poor of rain and my thoughts as I left were wow I feel like Doc Martin almost bewildered by the friendliness and enthusiasm of such a small community. I loved it and cant wait to go back!
Port Isaac Lifeboat crew challenge the visitors to a tug-o-war.

No comments:

Post a Comment