Friday 17 August 2012

Day 22 Finish line!

Today I finished my Cornish Coastal Challenge!!

I left Penzance at 9.30am and arrived in Newlyn at 10am to be met by an applaud and lots of photos. The short walk from Penzance harbour to Newlyn was wet and blustery but there was a hot cup of tea and lots of cake awaiting at the end. After a few photo opps on the boat and with the crew I sat and relaxed feeling quite chuffed at my acheivement.

I would like to say a huge Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way by either simply talking to me, to donating generously, to providing a place to stay and even buying me dinner. Thank you so much! I have really enjoyed the experience and loved meeting so many people. My total raised currently stands at around £600 but I still have more to collect and if you are reading this and haven't yet donated to this great charity then please do so now. We all use the sea whether it be sailing, surfing, swimming or just enjoying the fabulous view whilst walking. Lifeboats are a common sight around the Coast and I am truly amazed at the support that has been shown for the lifeboat crews, they are amazing people and very important part of our coastal towns and villages.


1 comment: